Pin It Now!
Sometimes we go through difficult seasons in our marriages. Even after 25 years of being together, we are still working at loving each other unselfishly. When we go through a difficult time it is often because I am focusing on the negative instead of the positive. I thought today would be a good day to make a list of all of the wonderful things I love about my husband.
1. He works so hard to provide for us.
2. He doesn't go to bars or out with his friends, but instead chooses to spend time at home with us.
3. He gives us great vacations by hooking up the camper and dealing with all of the stuff that goes along with that.
4. He trusts me with our money.
5. He talks to our daughters about why modesty is important.
6. He talks to our son about how to deal with the natural feelings he has as a teen-aged boy.
7. He reads my blog.
8. He travels with me to far away places, even though that is not his passion.
9. He makes it clear that he is in this marriage for the long haul even when it's not fun.
10. He keeps me calm when I am apt to get a bit worked up.
11. He has taught me not to worry about stupid stuff.
12. He can fix anything (literally).
13. He talks to me about his life and his feelings.
14. He has created a lovely backyard for us to enjoy.
15. He takes care of our lovely backyard.
This list is by no means exhaustive but what a great way to re-focus! Try writing a list like this about your husband. Don't compare your husband to mine. That is not the point. If we are married, we are married to a guy that has at least a few redeeming qualities. Remember them by writing a list like this. It will take your thoughts off of the negative and help turn your thoughts to the good things your husband brings to your life.